A couple of nice things to do in this wonderful town are:
- Walk through the Red Light District
- Visit the Van Gogh Museum
- Go to the Albert Cuijp Market
- Visit the house of Anne Frank
- Go Shopping in the Nine Streets (Negenstraatjes)
- Paddleboarding on the canal!
- Go for a walk around the flower district (de Jordaan)
- Visit the Rijksmuseum
- Chill at the Vondelpark
- Visit one of our brewery’s, i would recommend Brewery ‘t IJ
- Take a boat tour on the canal
- Visit the NDSM wharve
- Take a ferry
Places to swim & Viewpoints
When it gets hot in summer, you want to go for a swim. It is possible in Amsterdam, but you just have to know the places.
- At the Omval
- At Amsterdam Roest
- De Ceuvel
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Adam tower
- Public library at Oosterdokkade (5th floor!)
- the bar in Jakarta Hotel
- Amsterdam Fringe Festival
- Amsterdam Light Festival
Street Art in Amsterdam
There is a lot of street art in the city of Amsterdam, but there are a couple of places that has a little bit more!
- At the NDSM wharf
- At the Platanenweg
Places to sleep
Public Transport chipcard
In the Netherlands we use a chipcard for our public transport. You can buy it for €7,50 in the yellow machines on the trainstations. You have to load it with money to be able to use it. For trains you will need at least €20 and for busses it is €4.
For the trains you can buy seperate tickets in those machines as well, that will add another euro to the price. If you want to buy a ticket at the bus, you can do that only by card. Changes are high that the pin machines won´t take your card. A lot of machines in the Netherlands only accept Maestro and Mastercard.
You could also buy a (multi) day ticket for the Amsterdam region here.