A couple of nice things to do in this wonderful town are:
- Climb the Domtower (eventhough it is under construction)
- The Tourist Information Office has 3 different city walks you can do. You can buy the pamflet and walk it yourself!
- Street art tour
- Walk around with the Utrecht podcast!
- Paddleboarding on the canal!
- Go for a walk around Amerlisweek!
- Trajectum Lumen, a light tour through town!
- Visit the Botanische tuinen (Botanic garden)
- Go to the Oude Hortus (Indoor garden)
Botanic & Museums
Utrecht has a lot to offer if you like to visit gardens or if you want to go to museums
- Centraal Museum
- Het Utrechts Archief
- Museum Catharijneconvent
- Museum Speelklok
- Nijntje Museum
- Sonnenborgh museum & sterrenwacht
hiking around Utrecht
Because i have been living within or around Utrecht my whole life, i know where to go if you want to visit the forest.
Are you looking for a nice hike where you can go with public transport? Take a look in this dutch article. You can use the translate button in the sidebar to read it in english!
My favorite places to go for coffee in Utrecht are:
- Koffieleute Brauhaus
- Meneer Peer
- BlackBeard Coffee
- t Koffieboontje
- Koffie & ik
- Rocking Chair
Beer & Cocktails
- Taplokaal Gist
- Kafe België
- Behind Bars
If you are hungry, you can go for something to eat at those places:
- Poké Perfect for Poké bowls
- Meneer smakers for burgers
- Punk Pizza for pizza
- Bastacozi for pizza
- Broei for the vegan special of the day
- Kartoffel for cheese fondue
- ‘t Oude Pothuys for cheese fondue
- Namaskar for Indian food
Places to sleep
Public Transport chipcard
In the Netherlands we use a chipcard for our public transport. You can buy it for €7,50 in the yellow machines on the trainstations. You have to load it with money to be able to use it. For trains you will need at least €20 and for busses it is €4.
For the trains you can buy seperate tickets in those machines as well, that will add another euro to the price. If you want to buy a ticket at the bus, you can do that only by card. Changes are high that the pin machines won´t take your card. A lot of machines in the Netherlands only accept Maestro and Mastercard.
You could also buy a transport ticket for the Utrecht region here.